Thursday, July 31, 2008

Orkut...The new O in O2 for me!

I am really not sure about how many emails had I received from so many friends inviting me to Orkut, Facebook, Hi5 and what not! And finally I had to accept my defeat and give a try to these so called Social networking websites! But sometimes I get into doubt about how much have I improved on social networking since I joined Orkut...I guess the answer would be different from those who are now added as my friends, from those who are still safe from this virus! :-)

What seemed to be a beginning in improvement of social relations now seems to be the reason of why I have become lazy in giving phone calls to my friends - 'Jab scrap kar sakta hoon, to phone call kyun?' It would be even cheaper than Chota recharge! ;)
Call me selfish or smart.....but it didn't take much time for me to start thinking that people not on orkut or gtalk belong to some old civilization! And they are so unconnected because they chose so! :-) So...no fault of mine!

The other missing ingredients of making me so socially (pls read as virtually) active was added by my relocation to US, which made me so addicted to Orkut. Result: uploading photos, adding hell lot of 'You tube' videos and being 'in touch' with friends through scraps...Did I miss the word 'only' at the end?
Thanks to Orkut, I no longer have to think of explanations! Kudos to the person whoever introduced the concept of 'Upcoming Birthdays'...he must have been a forgettable person like me! Good thought..I salute him! He helped a lot of guys like me...even a scrap before the day ends at mid-night can save you! :-p

But I was still safe until my friend Pawan introduced me to Orkut communities. The first one I joined was "Punjabi by Nature". Continuous games, threads - Rate the DP (Display Pic), Let the person above eat something you like, Slapp..and give a stupid excuse, Change letter, ending in y and what not!! And the result...the owner of the community made me moderator of the community because I was very active during those days and community needed a new Mod!

Finally the days have come when I prefer to give a scrap to Ashish asking him if he is free for a Coffee break and he replies back in an instant 'Yes' while we may be 'Away' or rather in 'Do not disturb' mode in our office messengers! This is what I call Professionalism and Dedication....to Orkutism!!! :-) and we are champs in that! :-D

Call it a slow poison or addiction! But these Social Networking Websites here finally are in my life and would be there till I get a big one from someone in my life!
Your feedback is most welcome..if not here, at my profile in orkut! ;-)

No comments: