Thursday, April 23, 2009

Farewell / Reunion

It has been not too many days since I wrote a blog about Harman Veerji when he was leaving for Gurgaon and now it is Parmeet veer heading for the same place. Though I wanted to increase the frequency of writing blogs but not in this way. In the past few weeks there has been a good increase in terms of headcount in the group but with so many members moving out of the city I am now feeling bad. The relay race which started with Sumit veer moving to US, followed by Gujinder Singh moving to Australia, and then Harmandeep shifting to Gurgaon now it is Parmeet Singh which will be followed by Hardeep Singh who will soon be flying for US.

Before Parmeet veer starts feeling that this blog was not meant for him I better start jotting about him. Had I not stayed in this house for last three months I would have probably thought that he knows to speak only one sentence “Veerji aap chai peeoge?” Like me he loves tea, not sure if he loves making it as well but my selfish part always assumed so, and has helped me enjoy his magic many times. Though being a good cook, he could not put his skills to work in Khalsa House’s kitchen. “Jithe Ramindar veer di kardchhi chaldi hove, othe hor koi taddke kiddan la sakda hai!” :D This is a complete topic in itself and I would love to write about it…Till then it would be enough to say that I really admire and love how Ramindar veer does it…and would like to see him continue doing what he has been doing till now.

After kids, I think Parmeet veer (the one in black turban) is the cutest member of Soch. He is…no, he seemed to be a complete introvert when he joined here. There is a complete story about what he felt when he came to Khalsa House for the first time. Since he himself is into writing blogs I would rather leave that to him to write a complete blog about his life’s break at Khalsa House Station.

Had Meerut been an overnight journey I am pretty sure that we would have never seen this guy here on weekends. And it is actually difficult to stay away from your sweet kid (Sidak in his case) and your family. That very well explains his being on calls almost all the time after dinner till we sleep. Am writing this blog on Saturday while he is busy searching a house in Gurgaon on Sulekha.com sitting in the next room. There are plenty of things that are going on in his mind right now…He is just too happy and too excited for his transfer. But am also sure there would be a glitch of going away from here. Not sure how Parmeet or rest of the guys feel here, but I personally feel it would be great for anybody to let their kids grow in the company of these chachus. There are a lot of things which can be seen here practically, which you can find printed in chapters of Divinity school books.

Coming back to Parmeet Singh and his journey here, I think Parmeet veer had that luck to get into the Khalsa House. He had met Kanwal veer casually on road as a stranger and it was just after a conversation that Kanwal veer welcomed him here to stay for whatever months he was supposed to stay in Hyderabad. It is just that those few months have now come to an end and it is the happy time for a family reunion.

In future I would like to see another reunion. I would like Sidak to meet all of these Chachus and know what kind of love and affection did Parmeet veer enjoy while he was here in Hyderabad. With this I recall a small gesture which I would like to pen down in my diary.

Though completely out of superstitions, you would find Khalsa House members believing in Nazar Lagna in one way. The day Ramindar veer looks ‘too’ good (though he looks good daily) Parmeet veer does his act of “kaala til lagaana” so that Ramindar veer nu nazar na lag jaye. Since we do not have Kajal here this is done with a black marker beneath the ear close to where turban ends! The first time I saw it happening live, I thought somebody is trying to leave without eating breakfast and he is being persuaded to have it by Ramindar veer, who has lot of such responsibilities in the morning. But then I got to know…this was a mark of affection which was being put by an elder brother. I wonder from now on, who will tag Ramindar veer with a ‘til’, the day he looks extra smart. I was given a feedback by someone that my blogs have an emotional touch, but I doubt if we have a person here who is not emotional. And I’ve seen Parmeet Singh getting emotional for with a thought of leaving this place, especially because of the bond he shares with Ramindar Veerji and the good time he had while Sumit veer was here.

Parmeet veer, we would like to meet Sidak. Please bring him along next time you come to meet all of us. And I have another request to make... We would like to see Sidak as a fluent speaker and a comfortable good reader in Punjabi. Please try your level best that you impart this education to him while you nurture him. You already have our Master ji in Gurgaon who got a release from here just a week before you.

I am still confused to term this as a Farewell or a reunion. It is a Farewell...Farewell to the bachelor life which he had to live while his kid and wife were away in a different city, farewell to all those lonely times which Bhabhi ji and Sidak had to spend while he was being loyal to his job here, and also farewell to the sweet times which he got to spend here in Hyderabad. But the best is the reunion happening in his family or rather union of two families, Parmeet veer's with the Soch Parivaar. Yes, we have expanded again...

No comments: